In order to choose yourself a suitable pair of hiking shoes, you need the basic knowledge about the composition, structure, and function of each type of shoes. Besides ensuring the basic quality standard, the prices remain affordable and high applicability is indispensable.
The purpose of use
Trail shoes: actually this is the type of running shoes but it has added some features more suitable for bumpy trails and roads. It has a lot of toe pads and more durable plastic soles to match the more difficult conditions.
This type begins to be classified as special-purpose walking shoes, but it is only used in the walking paths which are available or are not too difficult and usually go during the day. The materials are suede, nylon, lightweight fabric. It is soft and malleable.
Many designs of these shoes include bearing belts to protect feet and ankles, but not higher than ankles. Some other types of high-end are designed with the waterproof tongue and avoid the gravel falling into the shoes.
However, many designs are fashionable but do not include necessary features for walking. So you should check carefully.
Hiking boots like normal types of walking shoes, but hiking boots are used for the more difficult terrains. You can use these kind shoes to walk for a few days. They are made from the suede material and other sure materials. The soles are sturdier to protect the feet. The neck of the shoes is higher than the ankles so you feel uncomfortable but they protect your feet very well.
If you have wide feet and you worry that you can’t find one suit your feed. Don’t worry, you will find the best hiking boots for wide feet because it is available on the market.
Jungle boots/protection shoes:
This kind is used for the difficult terrains. They include the designs which protect your feet, for example, the upper is reinforced, the soles are wide and firm, the bearing ridges.
The inside of shoes is often made from the special materials to keep clear. This kind of shoes is suitable for climbing because it is designed to bear the forces, disperse the power in a crash but it is still clear and waterproof. Sometimes there are reinforced iron nails. They are usually hard and heavy.
This type of shoes is designed specifically to help you conquer the icy snowy mountains. It includes the spikes in the upper parts. The inside is made of the ultra-fine material to keep warm. However, do not encourage you to choose this kind of shoes if you have to walk a long day.
Learn some structural points of shoes
- Hiking boot weight: when buying shoes, you should pay attention to the weight of shoes. Because if you choose too heavy ones, this will cause you some troubles. You should choose the light ones, they will help you move gently, more flexible. There are a lot of researches showing that, if the weight of shoes just increases 1g, you feel like your backpacks will increase 5g.
- Water resistance: the moisture is one of the enemies of the shoes. High moisture will cause the blisters due to increasing the friction of your feet and the ridge. Therefore, you should notice to keep your shoes dry and clear. Shoes should be made from the clear materials, helps the air easily go out. However, shoes also have to be waterproof from the outside.
- Lateral rigidity: you have to ensure the rigidity of your shoes to protect your feet and ankles when you contact to the difficult terrains. Some designs of shoes with necks will protect your ankles better.
- Longitudinal rigidity: shoes have to be hard enough not to curl when you stress on your toes, and also be soft, good enough to grip when walking.
- Arc support: shoes should fit your feet do the feet are not flat when you carry heavy things. If necessary, you can add a pad along the soles of your feet in order to increase the embrace of your shoes. This will help you feel comfortable when moving. Let’s learn about the structure of the shoes.
- Upper: uppers are adjacent to the toe section, adjacent to the tongue of shoes and stretch into cheeks of the shoes. The upper must protect your feet and absorb the forces acting surprisingly on the uppers. In addition, upper parts must also be clear and waterproof.
- Soles: the soles are the under parts of the shoes, contact directly with the surface of the ground. When choosing to buy a pair of shoes, you need to watch carefully the soles in order to choose a suitable pair for traveling. Most of the soles are made from rubber to increase the friction and reduce wear. To create friction, they are designed with deep grooves and thorns; this will increase the adhesion to the surface. On the slippery surface, if there are more rubber spikes, this will help you to avoid falling.
In the soft surface, the rubber line will push deep down to help the shoes grip better. The soles also absorb and disperse other kinds of forces in order not to affect to your feet. The soles are not only firm but also soft enough to move naturally. They are also attached or sewn tightly with the upper parts in order to waterproof well. There are many ways of distributing the upper spikes in the soles, so let’s check carefully the information of the trip to choose the best hiking boots.
Well, through this article, we provide you some useful knowledge about some kinds of hiking boots, along with the structures of these kinds. We hope you can understand thoroughly and can choose the best pair of hiking boots for you. Let’s go to the store right now, check carefully and bring a beloved pair to your home and prepare a life-changing trip.